SMG Catering-Food & Beverage in El Paso, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Food & Beverage Catering Staff member at the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Center, Destination El Paso, El Paso Live. The primary function of the Catering staff member is to provide a high quality catering service for banquets, concessions and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up for catered events.
- Service of clients attending catered events.
- Food and beverages cleaning
- Cleaning of soiled china, glass, and silverware.
- Concession Set Up, Sales, Production, Customer Service and Teardown of Concession
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum (2) years Food and Beverage experience
- Good knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions, but may occur.
- Position does require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled