General Electric Distribution Coordinator - Production Supervision in El Paso, Texas
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible to ensure the physical reception and expedition of goods is handled in an efficient and safe manner. They must ensure accuracy of stock, inspection (and remediation if defective) of packaging & labeling, timely execution of shipments. This role may also include at peak times: offloading / loading of vehicles, reception, positioning in racks / packaging / staging areas, & physical order preparation. He/She is also responsible for the coordination of activities within the warehouse.
• Management of cycle count process
• Implementation of initiatives to maximize efficiency within the warehouse & eliminate inventory keeping discrepancies
• Coordination of distribution operators to ensure all tasks are completed safely & efficiently
• Safe operation of lifting equipment within the warehouse to load/offload vehicles
• Preparation of documentation associated with warehouse operation
• Positioning of goods through various stages of the logistics process (storage, packaging, staging etc.)
• Label removal/addition to packages
• Use of warehouse management tools to manage systemic reception/expedition of goods
• Notification to management of any safety risk to personnel or materials
Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years in production, supply chain experience or leadership.
Ability to lead and develop teams.
MBA or Masters
Prior Team Leading experience
Inventory control experience
Team work oriented
Lean Manufacturing knowledge
Ability to identify and implement Best Practices and deal with high levels of ambiguity
Locations: United States; Texas; El Paso