SMG Event Staff in El Paso, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Event Staff member at the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Center, Destination El Paso, El Paso Live. This position represents the facility with outstanding friendly custom service greeting and assisting guest at events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and direct patrons to appropriate destinations, i.e. concessions, restrooms, etc.
- Serve as ticket taker and/or usher distributing programs and escorting patrons to their appropriate seats.
- Assist with last minute pre-event needs such set-up, decorating, finding materials, etc.
- Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, student and groups.
- Ensure safety of patrons, staff vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Assist in controlling unusual circumstances and events during fire, storm, riots and other emergencies.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility, if necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
- Report to the Event Mangers any problems concerning the event.
- Resolve problems, address complaints as they arise, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions, but may occur.
- Position does require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled