United Blood Services Medical Technologist I in El Paso, Texas
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for performing routine testing of biological specimens and reviewing test results. This position is also responsible for providing skilled technical support in the laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Performs high complexity testing (e.g., stem cell processing, CBC differentials, antigen screens, antibody ID, and cross match).
- Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Assists in investigative studies, as directed.
- Participates in quality control, preventive maintenance, and validations.
- Performs routine testing in the lab for quality control of components, single donor platelet yields, automated red cell technology problems, etc., as requested.
- Provides technical support/liaison to hospital transfusion services.
- Resolves problems between departments that prevent production and distribution of blood components.
- Performs final record review.
- Assists with training.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment. Notifies appropriate personnel if additional service is needed.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, medical technology or clinical laboratory science required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized certifying agency required (or must receive certification within six months) or CLIA equivalent for high complexity testing required.
- State licensure (as required by regulations).
No experience required (experience from school program with a full year of internship would suffice for this position).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong communication, organization, analytical, and decision making skills and be able to comprehend and apply clinical laboratory procedures and theory.
- Must be able to maintain donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Must possess basic keyboarding skills and the ability to handle and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime when necessary.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Organization: BSI Business Group
Primary Location: United States of America-Texas-El Paso
Work Locations: 1101 TX El Paso (122) United Blood Services 424 S. Mesa Hills El Paso, 79912
Job Posting Close Date: Apr 30, 2018
Job Function: Laboratory
Req ID: 18519
Employee Status: Full-time, Regular