Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations in El Paso, Texas
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Prior experience with warehouse management and RF systems preferred
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to a team with varied skill levels; ability to coach/mentor others; good employee development skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work co-cooperatively with internal and external team members; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 40-50# and up to 70# with assistance
- Ensure adequate staff education (trains/coaches) and evaluation of personnel. Complete performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Direct warehouse representatives in their daily work. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Prioritize work assignments.
- Review & prioritize inbound and/or outbound shipments. Communicate to warehouse representatives.
- Review all documents for completion and clarity. Forward to the appropriate department or file.
- Ensure warehouse processes are completed on time and accurately for assigned areas.
- Ensure personnel follow all safety guidelines.
- Assess operational problems and resolve as indicated. Communicate with purchasing, accounting, warehouse operations manager and other supervisors as applicable.
- Assign and manage employee work schedules to include productive as well as non-productive work hours.
- Review monthly capacity vs. demand to determine appropriate staffing levels based on targeted productivity levels.
- Recommend staffing levels to meet demand.
- As assigned, compile and enter productivity information into the various productivity reports.
- Manage all activities in the warehouse when no other manager is present on the floor.
- Schedule, conduct and document employee meetings on a regular basis. Attend other meetings as requested
- Maintain a clean and orderly working area to 5S standards.
- Track, investigate and report employee errors. Pare to root causes and implement policies to prevent re-occurrence of errors and/or new errors. Confirm routine quality checks performed by team leads.
- Assess and implement plans to address any staffing shortfalls when opening and working the department on 1st shift.
- When working 2nd shift, close the department and secure the building per building close out checklist.
- Responsible for self-development that is consistent with the Excellence in Leadership program.
- Develop team leader succession plan, ensure all roles requiring unique skills have appropriate cross-trained backup.
- Comply with laws and regulations as they pertain to services provided by the Company. This includes supporting and demonstrating compliance with the Company’s Compliance and HIPAA Plans.
- Promptly report any information regarding a known or suspected violation of any applicable laws, regulations, standards or company policy.
- Represent the culture and values of the Company to other groups, agencies and the general public, and ensure accuracy of public information materials.
- As applicable, attend in-service, continuing education or seminar programs to stay current with industry and community trends.
- • Attend all required Compliance, HIPAA and other scheduled training.
- As applicable, present to management and staff.
- Identify, support and demonstrate the Company’s culture and values to ensure quality service to both internal and external company customers.
- Support and demonstrate the Company’s values.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.